Our Journey through the dust and rubble

Hidden Treasure



Guess what! Behind the built in shelving that was covering the fireplace I found a brick fireplace that is in mint condition! The bricks are brand new and there is even a little design in the brick pattern. Removing the shelving also made the room seem much larger.

I have also removed some of the “lowered ceiling” and uncovered the “real” 9ft ceiling! I found about 12 2x6’s spanning the living room. The lumber is in mint condition and is holding the 2nd ceiling up. I’m sure we will be able to use them. Bringing the original ceiling back will sure open things up!

2 Responses to “Hidden Treasure”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Yeah I found some hidden "Treasure" when I was working on my bathrrom over Spring break... I ripped through the wall and it turns out that under the quarter inch drywall there was a wall of Masonite pressboard ( looks like bricks) and it had bowed to the point of cracking the drywall... Man that stuff was a bear to get out because I had to free the dry wall first and then pull the pressboard that was nailed down to the studs with those little finishing nails... fun fun fun.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey we need some Pics of the destruction! I hope you are taking some.  

Post a Comment